Monday, September 26, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes not just a movie...

So I was sitting here trying to think about what to write, when it came to me. Fried Green Tomatoes. Not only was this an excellent movie, but it is a VERY yummy snack or side dish. I have come to find sense I moved tot he southern areas of the stats that I LOVE Cajun and southern food. Fried green Tomatoes being one of my favorites along side Shrimp Creole. The thought of it is making me want to take a trip to the Gumbo Pot  in New Orleans.  So this made me think I should share this wonderful recipe with the rest of you to try out.

 Fried Green Tomatoes
3 medium firm Green tomatoes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white cornmeal
1cup butter milk
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste

Slice the green tomatoes in thick slices and set to the side. Add 1 cup oil to skillet and get hot.  Whisk 1 egg and butter milk together. Set the Flour and corn meal in two separate dishes add salt and pepper to the cornmeal.. Dunk the tomato in to the egg and butter milk mixture then into the flout then back into the butter milk mixture , then in to the corn meal. Place in skillet and cook till golden brown bout 2 to 3 minutes a side.

It is amazing to me something so simple can taste so amazing and delicious. The combination of the light crunch cornmeal crust with the tangy green tomato is the perfect flavor combination , I have a hard time just eating one of these. These are definitely a family favorites around here :) I hope you all enjoy these as much as me and my family do have an amazing day!!


Brooke Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment