Thursday, September 22, 2011

Why have a Carrot when you can have Carrot Cake :)

So I recently found a recipe for carrot cake and decided to alter it sum and ended up coming out with a kick butt carrot cake muffin :) so I figured me being in the sharing mood I would share. The thing that surprised me about this is that it is low fat and low sugar and my Husband (who can eat anything and still look amazing ) Loves them.  So here is Brooke Carrot Cake Muffin recipe Enjoy !!!



1 cup Egg beaters Egg substitute (you can use store brand Substitute they tend to be cheaper)
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup Splenda Brown sugar
2 cups All purpous  flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. all spice
1 tsp  vanilla
3 cups grated carrots ( I prefer to use baby carrots, but any will work)

Beat eggs, mix with oil, then sugar. Combine dry ingredients then mix all together. Add grated carrots .

Bake in light cup cake pan  ( you can use cupcake papers, but I tend to just use cooking spray in them) Fill them about to 3/4 the way full and bake at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes (depends on pan used) or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out nearly clean.




I hope you enjoy this recipes as much as my family has!! Have a great day .


Brooke Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment