Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Welcome to My New blog :)

       My son Justin started pre K at the end of August, so I have found myself with a lot of free time on my hands. I can only clean my house so many times in one week, lol. So I decided to try this Blogging thing and see how it worked out for me. I tend to be a scattered brained blogger hopping from one random topic to another which I am sure people will either find annoying or entertaining, I am hoping they find it more entertaining.

      I guess I will use this blog to tell you all a little about myself. I am married to a Staff Sargent in the Army, we have been married  10 years this coming December. I have been lucky to have him with me the last few years. We are currently stationed in Fort Hood Texas, it is our third time here and also the place that we met and married. For the most part I love being an Army wife, I am proud of the job that my husband does serving our country. We have a 4 year old son named Justin , he just started pre k in August, and he loves School. This was I think more of an adjustment for me then him., because as much as he drove me crazy most days while he was home with me , I did love having him home.

     As far as for me, I love to cook, play video games, write, draw, paint, do photography, read , and just have fun. Food is a big part of my life, I attended the culinary Arts program at Columbia Basin Job Corps when I was 18, and I loved it, but I had always loved cooking ever sense I was young at my Grandma side. I attend School for a year before I graduated and started cooking in a few small restaurants and Guest Ranch, and a few bakeries I moved around allot from 18 to 23 . When I met my husband and as they say the rest is History. Now even though I never perused a culinary Career I still love to cook.  There is so much amazing food out there, and so much stuff you can do with it. i am always looking for new recipes to try on my family, especially sense I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I have found a healthier and new and yummy way of cooking. I have to admit when I first found out I thought I was never going to get to eat anything I loved every again, As I am a bread lover especially sour dough, but I was wrong ! There are so many good things out there that are healthy and good for you and taste amazing you just have to know where to look.  I recently found a delicious Carrot Cake recipe that I will share with you later on, and I am always on the look for new foods!


       I am looking forward to my adventures and sharing them with all of you . Here is a picture I took of my son this last weekend I love how it turned out , he was wearing his daddy hat and he looked so much like him.  Well time for another cup of coffee and some web surfing, you all have an amazing day!!

Justin Michael

Sincerely,
Brooke Rochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment